IMPRISON TRAITOR TRUMP.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

More Movie Typists



High time for another round of sexy typists. Here we have Bette Davis in “Old Acquaintance” (1943), discussed in this previous blog post, who proves that the only thing more sexy than a typist is a typist who wears glasses.



Bette flexes her magic fingers again in front of the keyboard for “The Man Who Came to Dinner” (1942), discussed in this previous blog post. She seems to be challenging Barbara Stanwyck for the title of being Hollywood’s most prolific typist.



Perhaps the word “sexy” does not always apply to typists, but typing does wonders to improve one’s sensuality. Here were see Jack Lemmon in “Bell, Book and Candle” (1958), discussed in this previous post. He has Kim Novak’s attention.



Even Ernie Kovacs, from the same movie, though not exactly the romantic hero type, somehow seems…



Well, all right. It doesn’t work for everybody.



Here we have Dan Duryea and Walter Brennan from “Pride of the Yankees” (1942), discussed in this previous post. I guess it really doesn’t work for everybody.

For our previous posts on movie typists, have a look here, and here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of British Pathe's videos can be watched for free on their site now. Amazing. Jason

KC said...

I have to admit that Ernie Kovacs does do it for me a bit. I'm not sure exactly what it is--but it is mostly that devil-may-care persona. I'm pretty sure it isn't the mustache!

K. said...

How about Edie Adams as Miss Olson in The Apartment?

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Was it PBS that ran episodes of the Ernie Kovacs show, I think back in the 1980s? I'd like to see that again. Everytime I hear "Mack the Knife" I think of that show.

Unknown said...

Kovacs is so much fun in that film--everybody is; big fan of Bell Book & Candle. Kim Novak being in a picture with anyone typing (or doing most anything)=sexy.

Gordon Pasha said...

Dear Jacqueline:

I have not seen “Julia” in about thirty years but if memory serves, Jane Fonda (always very sexy to me) plays Lillian Hellman experiencing writer’s block. And Jane spends an inordinate amount of time ripping sheets out of the typewriter roller to manifest same.

Best

Gerald

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Welcome, Gordon, thanks for your comment. It's been a long time since I've seen that interesting movie, too. (Also has some good train sequences.) I vaguely recall the ripping sheets out of the typewriter, which I think was standard in movies to illustrate a writer's inability to think of anything to write. Such scenes, I confess, always made me cringe. So wasteful.

Related Products